[olug] Laptop Hard Drive Size / Speed

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Wed Jun 1 23:09:56 UTC 2011

The drive I recommended was not a SSD.  It is a hybrid.

Basically a Momentus 7200.4 with 32MB of DDR and 4GB of Micron SLC NAND
flash.

I am guessing the issues with Linux and affordable SSD probably had to do
with MLC flash.

I am impressed with the performance of the drive.  From my experience it
out performs Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 desktop drives.  YMMV