[olug] Grub

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 02:33:33 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

Yes, that is the part that screws up grub.cfg every time Ubuntu puts out a new kernel.  That is one polluted, stinking pile of dog doo software.  Haven't figured out how to make it do what it should (create one entry for new kernel, relative to currently running system only) instead of what it wants to do (create entry for currently running system using EVERY FREAKING kernel I have in my /boot directory, plus a second entry for "safe mode" or what ever).  I spend more time fixing this problem each new kernel release...

Kevin D. Snodgrass