[olug] Firefox + flash

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Thu Jul 21 15:17:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Kyle Simpson <drpunkerz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how set you are on using firefox, but chrome has an option to
> block a plugin from loading and all you have to do is click "allow" on pages
> with flash elements on them. Pretty useful.

There's a Firefox plugin called Flashblock[0] that might be worth
looking at.  It blocks flash up front, but marks where the flash
object would go, and allows you to click on them to activate the flash
application.  You can also select sites that should always be allowed.

Flashblock is one of the half-dozen Firefox addons that get installed
immediately following Firefox on every box I use.

[0] http://flashblock.mozdev.org

--
Christopher