[olug] xbmc on original xbox

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:18:28 UTC 2011

most people don't retain media in 1080. divx/xvid is by far the most popular
format today among the target audience for this type of product. also, 1080
cant reliably stream on most residential internet connections regardless of
codec/container.

also, try running an emulator on any of those systems you mentioned. a
modded xbox can play a rom from any game system up to xbox, the only
exception being PS2.

also, the maximum capacity of an xbox is the current maximum capacity of a
3.5"HD...so 3TB is the current limit.

python interpreter, USB ports, xbox game storage, web browser, youtube,
hulu, navi-x, etc,etc,etc..

i could go on, but i don't have the time...

the only thing that compares is a full blow PC with video game controllers
and an IR remote.