[olug] Free hardware up for grabs

Adam Davis radamdavis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 00:00:53 UTC 2011

I can use all of this.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē
On Jan 21, 2011 5:37 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com> wrote:

I have some older PC hardware given to me to fix that I need to get rid of.

Contact me off list and it is free to the first person to claim it and pick

it up.

2GB stick of PC2-5300 laptop memory. Brand new. I ordered this for a netbook

that was real picky about memory. I RMA'ed it twice and it never worked. I

had to pay $8 to ship it each time I returned it. I didn't fell like paying

$8 to ship it back for the third time. I got another brand of memory locally

and it worked.

I also have the 1GB stick I pulled out of the netbook.

Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop. Needs a new HDD.

HP Pavillion a700n Desktop with keyboard, mouse, and speakers. I also have a

HP 15" LCD monitor that came with it. This is an ancient system, but I

believe everything works on it.

I have a Dell PP11L laptop. Video largely only works through video out. It

crashes all the time. I never fought with it too much, but I couldn't even

keep it running long enough for an OS install. I didn't troubleshoot it for

more than 15 minutes, but the laptop probably isn't good for anything other

than parts.

Dell Latitude 131L laptop. Hard drive corruption. If I remember, I had a

working openSUSE install on this for a while. It might be salvagable with a

new HDD if I recall. Again, though I'm advertising it largely just for

parts.

-- T. J. Brumfield

"I'm questioning my education

Rewind and what does it show?