[olug] Free hardware up for grabs

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 23:37:24 UTC 2011

I have some older PC hardware given to me to fix that I need to get rid of.
Contact me off list and it is free to the first person to claim it and pick
it up.

2GB stick of PC2-5300 laptop memory. Brand new. I ordered this for a netbook
that was real picky about memory. I RMA'ed it twice and it never worked. I
had to pay $8 to ship it each time I returned it. I didn't fell like paying
$8 to ship it back for the third time. I got another brand of memory locally
and it worked.

I also have the 1GB stick I pulled out of the netbook.

Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop. Needs a new HDD.

HP Pavillion a700n Desktop with keyboard, mouse, and speakers. I also have a
HP 15" LCD monitor that came with it. This is an ancient system, but I
believe everything works on it.

I have a Dell PP11L laptop. Video largely only works through video out. It
crashes all the time. I never fought with it too much, but I couldn't even
keep it running long enough for an OS install. I didn't troubleshoot it for
more than 15 minutes, but the laptop probably isn't good for anything other
than parts.

Dell Latitude 131L laptop. Hard drive corruption. If I remember, I had a
working openSUSE install on this for a while. It might be salvagable with a
new HDD if I recall. Again, though I'm advertising it largely just for
parts.

-- T. J. Brumfield
"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?