[olug] Stopping the password lock-out in openSuSE 11.3

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Wed Jan 12 04:34:15 UTC 2011

I loaded openSuSE 11.3 on a Dell Optiplex SX270. Everything is running
okay, except that when the system locks after no activity the system
does not restart and give a login screen to unlock the computer. The
keyboard and mouse does not let this happen. This is for my wife to do
school work and she has taken to suspending the computer rather than
letting it go into security lock out.

Is there some way to disable this security feature? If there is
another solution I will try it later, but as she is using suspend when
she isn't using the computer, the security is not an issue for this
computer at this time.

Thanks,

Tom