[olug] PPTP and Scientific Linux (RedHat 6)

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Feb 23 15:00:32 UTC 2011

I'm playing with Scientific Linux 6 (RC1) and I'm having the same problem
I've had before with RH5/CentOS5: the Network Manager doesn't have pptp by
default.  (I need PPTP to connect to my companies VPN server...*sigh*)

Unfortunately the old notes I have use the NetworkManager-pptp package with
doesn't appear to be in the RedHat 6 repository (and thus not in
SciLinux)...

I don't mind manually setting up pptp and configuring files, but I have to
document this for co-workers so the GUI option is preferred.

Any suggestions?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"