[olug] Wiki for non techies...

Dave Thacker dthacker at bluestrain.net
Wed Feb 16 13:58:28 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, February 15, 2011 07:36:33 PM Bill Brush wrote:
> See that's the whole "user expectation"  thing.    Anyone on this list
> is going to be a fairly technical user as compared to a "normal" user.
>  We've been using TikiWiki at work for a while, but it's really not
> suitable to normal users.

I haven't been active with Tikiwiki for awhile, but I've got a few commits in
the code.  Would you say Tikiwiki is too complex for the average user, or are
there other usability issues?

> I'm just getting into using the one at work.  I was handed Sharepoint
> and told to make it work, so I'm learning as I go.  It's the 2010
> version and seems ok for the most part. My impression is that the 2010
> version is a significant upgrade from the previous versions.  However,
> I haven't really gotten into the page linking yet.

To be fair, I'm on Sharepoint 2007,  we have an upgrade planned, and the SP
gurus seem pretty pumped about it.

Dave Thacker