[olug] Linux Compatible USB Wireless Adapters

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Sat Dec 17 16:05:36 UTC 2011

I am looking to upgrade my wireless network and need to set up one box
with a USB  adapter. I am planning to go to a 300 or 600 Mbps router,
but I am not finding any listings in the compatibility for Linux for
anything that matches the Linksys, Belkin, or D-Link Model numbers I
was considering to match that speed.

Should any of those with at least 300 Mbps USB adapters work without
much difficulty, that is, are there drivers that will work with only
needing to download and install the correct one?

This will be on a system with a 32 bit OpenSuSE 11.x. I will probably
go to 12 in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Tom