[olug] Very general question....

SndChaser sndchaser at cerebralrift.org
Fri Dec 16 17:56:30 UTC 2011

I've not tried to install Myth...  So far XBMC seems to be doing quite
nicely...I was quite impressed when I was able to scan my 1TB music
collection into it's database, even running from the Live image in 2Gig
of memory (with the option to download artist / album / track reviews,
info, etc. turned on).  I read a couple of good guides today on setting
it up on a minimal Debian install, and configuring Sick Beard and Couch
Potato with XBMC.

I am *seriously* giving consideration to trying to write some scripts
for it...  I'm heavily into Creative Commons music, and see several
opportunities to write plugins to support good CC sources: Libre.fm,
Jamendo, FMA and Sonic Squirrel...for a start.  I'll have to dust off my
python scripting skills and see if I can do anything.

So - does anyone else have any startlingly good reason(s) I should look
at Myth over XBMC?  (Really trying to get a good comparison before I
settle too much.)

George