[olug] PPTP and Scientific Linux (RedHat 6)

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Dec 9 16:07:44 UTC 2011

I think I finally found a solution to my 10 month old problem.  (I was
resuming my quest to fix this when I stumbled across my question when
searching Google.)

If you need to connect via PPTP using your Scientific Linux 6 (possibly
CentOS, too), you can use the Fedora projects file for NetworkManager-pptp:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/x86_64/NetworkManager-pptp-0.8.0-1.git20100411.el6.x86_64.rpm

I just downloaded it, installed it, and now the NetworkManager GUI will
allow me to create PPTP connections.

Just closing the loop - hope it helps someone in the future.

DanL

--