[olug] [OT] Pricing difference between new/locked and paid-for/unlocked phones?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:14:24 UTC 2011

Because they can.
Why do they charge us for text messages(they're just additional data
sent in a control channel)? Because they can.
Why do music CDs cost the same now that they did when the CD was first
introduced(remember that the price was supposed to come down as they
learned better/faster ways of making them)? Because they can.

We're willing to pay it, and so they charge us for it.