[olug] Verizon 4G

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Thu Aug 18 21:17:51 UTC 2011

I'm guessing we are also seeing the bandwidth problem over the airwaves as well... 250 million Cell phones in the USA.. can you image china or India?
Ever go to a major sporting event and not be able to make a phone call because the other 20K people are making a call at the same time?

---- Sam Tetherow <tetherow at shwisp.net> wrote:
Not sure how you get to 'technology progressing backwards'.  The issue
is that bandwidth usage has outstripped last-mile network capacity.