[olug] Voip in CyanogenMod 7.1 audio delay. . .

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:11:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Christopher R. White <slaeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Droid Eris
> On Aug 6, 2011 6:30 PM, "Cheyenne Deal" <deal.cheyenne at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it the droid v1 or the Droid2?
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 18:10, Christopher R. White <slaeyer at gmail.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I put cyanogenMod on my hacked Droid, it has built-in Voip support. I
>>> paired my Google voice number to an acct with sipgate and followed along.
>>>
>>> Testing originally happened on a cable modem network with a dd-wrt router
>>> but we went to a church a friend admins and hooked into their Voip
> network
>>> (they got a bunch of cisco wifi voip phones) and still i get the lag. . .
>>>
>>> I've called traditional phones, cell phones, Voip phones, even a magic
> Jack
>>> and still the lag persists. . .

>>> are testing? What is the latency between you and the server?

>>> running
>>> it the first time?

>>> account also?

> noticed
>>> some

>>> I've
>>> same
> delay
>>> of

How about boosting the priority of the application?

Is there a /sbin/tc binary on your system for lartc.org Traffic
Control or Quality of Service for network packets?
Have you tried turning off all other users of bandwidth on the phone?
Balancing little packets with big packets is tricky.

If simple priority and or niceness decreases do not work nor QOS, then
it may be the type of queue used.  There are many types of queues.

Then again, in theory the manufacturer could be providing better CPU /
DSP service to cellular service provider software.
http://lartc.org/lartc.html