[olug] Future meeting topics

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:22:06 UTC 2011

Hi Brian,

As I said after the meeting, I would be willing to do some presentations
too...  My focus is a bit different from yours, so I'll toss a few topics
out for consideration:

- Beyond KDE/Gnome/XFCE - Tiling and Grouping Window Managers
- OrgMode - Organization using emacs
- Producing high-quality documents without OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice:
AsciiDoc, Lout, OrgMode, etc.

Those are just a few ideas...I'm willing to entertain others if there are
some suggestions.

George

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Brian Roberson <brian at bstc.net> wrote:

> Fellow OLUG'ers.
>
> I know we didn't talk about future topics, but I would be willing to give
> the following multi-part talks:
>
> (DONT flame me for being Oracle centric, I really am not, it just so
> happens
> I've been using a lot of their utils)
>
> 1) iscsi target/initiator configuration
> 2) Oracle Mysql Multi-master configuration (replication)
> 3) Oracle OCFS2 filesystem via iscsi  / multi initiator (clustered
> filesystem)
> 4) Oracle O2CB (RAC) Cluster using iscsi / OCFS2
> 5) Oracle VBOX / phpvirtualbox
>

> Let me know if there is any interest on these topics, and I will put
> together some presentations.

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...