[olug] [OT] Cell phone carrier questions...

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Mon Apr 11 03:35:12 UTC 2011

Virgin Mobile.  25/month for 300 voice minutes and unlimited data.  Got a
Samsung Instinct for 175.00 during a special.  VM operates on sprint's
network, so if you have or like sprint, you can cut over and know what you
are getting.  3G only, not 4G.  (Whatever the h3ll 4G is suppose to be
besides a marketing term)
Month to Month contract.

By the way, the 25 and sales tax but none of the trumped up wireless fed
add-ons or state and local bs.  After tax, it's 27 and change a month,
instead of the normal 12-15/month in additional fees.

Say what you want, but I got an ROI of 6 months vs any other carriers
voice/data + phone plan.

-Jeff