[olug] programmatically getting a phone number for a business?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:57:02 UTC 2011

> Check out my latest book: LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell from
> O'Reilly: http://bit.ly/bvQQ0I

Download 250MegaByte directory and share on your LAN or webserver:
http://www.dexpages.com/instructions.htm
Not sure on TOS or if there is any API.

dexonline.com  dexknows.com are electronic phone books  but only cover
Qwest (soon to be changed) service areas.
Superpages.com may still be Verizon.
i only use them for one-time lookups, suppose they frown on robots,
but i believe they have widgets for your widgets for your website.

On a sidenote, i was hoping 1-800-CallDex would be my replacement for
the discontinued 1800goog411 voice service, but it doesn't like my
voice.