[olug] Octopussy log analyzer

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Apr 6 23:10:21 UTC 2011

Their Debian package worked for me... Ubuntu LTS 10.04.2.

And yea, the traditional community support options for Octopussy don't
exist.

I'm trying to find an alternative to the freeware Splunk, but I've been
spoiled and haven't found anything that offers what should be basic
functionality - browsing the logs it collects, indexing those logs,
correlating a log entry with another, etc.

Graylog2 (http://www.graylog2.org/) is next on my list.