[olug] Fwd: Release Engineer

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Tue Sep 14 22:58:03 UTC 2010

As we discussed, this has been forwarded to OLUG as they are a lot of
people this could fit.

Subject: Release Engineer
Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 05:09:52 pm
From: "Ward, Bill" <bward at prokarma.com>
To: "woodsjay at cox.net" <woodsjay at cox.net>

Hi Jay - it was nice talking with you.

Here are the details I was referring to. Your thoughts?

Thank you,
Bill

 Release Engineer

The Release Engineer is responsible for software builds and releases as
well as basic administration of application servers. This includes the
design and development of code build processes, scripts, installation
procedures, and systems including source code control, issue tracking
and resolution and application server environments. They work closely
with application development teams to ensure that the final release
version is up to organizational standards. This requires a strong
understanding of software development and concepts of using version
control software.

Requirements:

*        Associate's degree in Computer Science or Management
Information Systems or equivalent experience.
*        Coding experience or familiarity with Java (J2EE), ColdFusion
and Struts 2 development.
*        Experience in the use of and/or administration of Subversion,
Maven, Continuum, Eclipse or Ant.
*        Experience in the Implementation and/or administration of
JBoss, RedHat Linux, and Apache are considered necessary.
*        Experience in general version control processes and protocol
and release management processes and protocol.
*        Excellent people and troubleshooting skills

Benefits Include:

*        Medical/Dental Insurance
*        Vision Insurance
*        401(k)
*        Paid Time Off
*        Stock Purchase Plan
*        Tuition Reimbursement
*        Life, AD&D, Disability
*        On-Site Cafeteria
*        On-Site Fitness Facilities
*        Company Store
*        Free Parking
*        And Much More!

Bill Ward, CPC
Resource Manager - Global Resources
ProKarma, Inc
222 South 15th Street, Suite 505N
Omaha, NE 68102
402-344-5728 (Direct Office)
1-866-422-0957 (FAX)
http://www.prokarma.com<http://www.prokarma.com/>

Inc. 500 #1 Fastest-Growing IT Services Company in America