[olug] bridges

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Mon Oct 18 02:21:47 UTC 2010

I will have to make a few assumptions here.

1.  You have Cable or DSL w/ more than one real (public) IP addresses.
2. Your "Primary" PC has one interface connected to the modem.
3. The second interface is bridged into a br0 type interface which is connected to the second computer.

In today's world of expensive public IPv4 you have two options.

1. Use IPv4 NAT routing and masquerading.
2. Use IPv6 world routable addresses with DNS.

My preference would be to be to get a tunnel from http://tunnelbroker.net. Setup the tunnel on your bridge machine with RADVD.

Hope this helps

---
Shawn L. Djernes