[olug] myth + COX firewire HD

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Fri Oct 8 08:51:56 UTC 2010

The no high def is going to be annoying if true.... my current delima is the
box I was going to put this on does not have the necessary chipset to
support VT-D functionality  (device pass-thru for virtual machines) - yes, I
intend on virtualizing my myth setup :)

At the end of the day, my end objective is to have myth serving up my High
definition, recorded content to upnp media clients, ps3 for example as well
as other myth frontends. Finding torrents for my favorite shows is a real
pita lately, and I just want to automate my content recording and possibly
transcode out the commercials! and I'll be damned if I spend any money on a
news feed just to grab video!