[olug] myth + COX firewire HD

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 17:52:41 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 10/7/10, Brian Roberson <brian at bstc.net> wrote:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire
>
> Has anyone successfully done this with a Cox HD receiver? I
> am about to
> tackle this setup in the next week, so any caveats you'd
> like to share would
> be highly appreciated!

Haven't done anything with Myth + FireWire.  Don't have FW hardware in either MythTV box. :-(  (Hmm, do have a FW mini-jack on the laptop...)  But I did try a FW cable from the DCT6200 to my plasma.  Worked fine except NO HIGH-DEF!!  Letterbox only.  Don't know if there is something I can do to fix that, never played with it.

If you get it to work I expect a full write-up. :-)  I know others have it working, maybe not with Cox hardware though...

Google "6200 firewire mythtv" brings up some useful results, many old but still useful...

Kevin D. Snodgrass