[olug] Getting the VGA port on laptop to have an out put to HDTV

Thomas D. Williamson twilliam at inebraska.com
Thu Oct 7 01:53:58 UTC 2010

I am wanting to get the video output from the port on my laptop to my
HDTV. I can get the signal through Windows, but I am unable to find
out where to enable this in openSuSE 11.3. Last year I could watch the
ESPN webcast of college football, but then it would not let Linux be
the operating system. This year that restriction is gone and I can
watch the games on Linux and Firefox.

Any suggestions? This is a nVidia card with their driver installed.

Thanks,

Tom Williamson

P.S. The setting the Java location solved the OpenOffice issue, but
NoScript still crashes Firefox when I want to adjust the permissions
to run. Any suggestions on that as well? Thanks again