[olug] OLUG 2011 meetings, presentations and a discussion.

Jay Hannah jhannah at mutationgrid.com
Tue Nov 30 17:56:08 UTC 2010

On Nov 30, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> MySQL HA

It's been ~2 years since I looked at MySQL High Availability in depth. O'Reilly "High Performance MySQL" has a chapter or three covering it and alternatives. An excellent book.

At the time we settled on MySQL replication. Having local and off-site "hot spares" on standby was close enough to high availability for our purposes. IIRC HA is memory resident, so your database size was restricted. For some applications that's not a problem, but it made me nervous for what we were doing at the time.

Jay Hannah
Software Architect
jhannah at mutationgrid.com | http://mutationgrid.com | 1-402-598-7782