[olug] OT: Internet traffic was routed via Chinese servers

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 19:15:20 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 11/19/10, Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche.us> wrote:
> I've been reading that such goof ups
> are incredibly common.
>
> The only reasons it's newsworthy a) that it was someone in
> China that
> goofed up and b) the scope of the goof up.
>
> As long as computer networks are designed and configured by
> humans, and
> as long as BGP routers trust each other, these things will
> continue to
> happen.

Maybe all .gov and .mil BGP routers should be configured to not trust ChiComm BGP routers.

Maybe all BGP routers in the free world should be configured to not trust ChiComm BGP routers...

I know I don't trust anything ChiComm.  But I read various sources about the espionage that the ChiComm are involved in against the US and Europe.

Kevin D. Snodgrass