[olug] [OLUG] Bourne or Korn

Jason Zeisler superztnt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:32:59 UTC 2010

I'm taking a Unix class and question came up about Bourne vs Korn shells.

"Compare and contrast the Bourne again shell with the Korn shell.  Which
shell would you choose to work in? "

 I'm not asking anyone to do my homework, but I wanted to get some input
from people in the industry. As an interested geek wannabe, I thought this
could spark some talk here. My Unbuntu box defaults to bash and the Unix box
at school uses ksh. I haven't really got a chance to do any scripting or to
play around yet except for some basic things for homework assignments. What
do you guys prefer? Do you change to a different shell for different types
of tasks?

Jason Z.