[olug] POS and bar code reader

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Fri May 28 22:10:21 UTC 2010

I have been looking at the Lemon POS system and have it up and running
under Kubuntu 10.04 but have not run any hardware. If you try it, I'd
like to hang around and see how the whole thing works out. (I am
reluctant to call this "help".)

Some additional notes:

http://www.lemonpos.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lemonpos/

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lemonpos/index.php?title=Users_Guide);
> but the guide was for lemonpos 0.8 and I assume that some changes have
> occurred since.
>
> My question is about Vendors.  In the guide, on the part about
vendors; it
> shows a screen form squeeze that is not
> in this version ( 0.9.3 )
>
>  Is the Clients inputting screen also the Vendors inputting screen? or
did
> I miss a process to be done?

> > Well, the kubuntu part of the guide is only for installing the
needed
> > tools and dependencies, to install lemonPOS from sources.
> > The Installation

Guide<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lemonpos/index.php?title=
> > Installation_Guide> links
> > this guide for ubuntu users, then you need to return to the
> > installation
> > process<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lemonpos/index.php?tit
> > le=Installation_Guide#Compiling> to
> > continue ...
> >
> > > Im very interested in using lemon as the pos sw, but are there any
> > > way to break these password ?, or how can I setup the program ?
> >
> > I have not tested the ubuntu package for lemonPOS.. but I have
> > installed from sources in ubuntu when I create the guide, and its
> > pretty easy.
> >
> The version 0.9.2 was installed on Kubuntu 9.10 using the Installation
> Guide instructions.
>
> A password was asked for and given after the "cat lemon_mysql.sql |
> mysql -u root -p" instruction. This is presumably the mysql-admin
> password generated earlier. According to messages a database was
> created.
>
> After the Database Creation, there was no occasion to use the default
> user and password.
>
> How do you apply the instruction, "Remember that mysql should be
running
> and cofigured [sic] before creating the database, and before running
> lemonPOS"?

When you start your computer, try connecting to mysql:

mysql -uroot -p

and tpye the password...

If a message like:
"Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.1.45 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>"

That means that mysql is running (without manual/user intervention)

Once where are here, lets do a simple test to verify that the database
exists..
type:

use lemondb;
select * from users;

If you got something like:

+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| username | password
        | salt      |
+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| admin    | C07B1E799DC80B95060391DDF92B3C7EF6EECDCB | h60VK |
+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
(some fields were removed)

then, at least the default user was created (it means that like 85% of
the
script was executed fine), and the user/password should be accepted.
(note
that the shown table above is the default, it means the default
user/password -crypted-).

If you dont get those results, so the script was not executed "ok"
completely (try : "show tables" command to see what tables of the
database
were created...)

creation<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/lemonpos/index.php?tit