[olug] IP KVM

Cooper Vertz olug at vertz.info
Fri May 28 21:35:10 UTC 2010

I like the remote kvm on my SuperMicro machines.  You have to use their gui,
but the linux version is as good as the windows version.

That's available as an addon card, and I've been wanting to try one in an
older server.  Looks like about $100 per machine.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?cid=10721568725134343162

The manual ( http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/AOC-SIMLP.pdf ) says
that's their only model that supports full kvm.

> Also wondering if I can get a single port IP-KVM such as a lantronix
spider
> and hook it up on the display/keboard/mouse side of my existing KVM and
> basically make my existing kvm ip capable.

That sounds like a cool idea.  I guess if the keyboard shortcuts work, you
could even switch ports.