[olug] Announcing Fedora 13 (fwd)

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:54:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Kevin D. Snodgrass
<kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

ISO downloads will take forever until the mirrors are populated and
all those grandmothers downloading the DVD version.

My alternate plan is just use my existing F11 cds to do an initial
very small base install, then yum update yum, then yum update,
preupgrade.

You may want to check mirror.unl.edu if it has the latest iso.

i am looking forward to:
yum install freeipa* on a F13 server.

Then during the initial F13 install, join the workstation to a freeipa
and/or MS ActiveDirectory domain.

Checking out the offline sssd functionality.  i would like to see
better integration in FreeIPA with vpn clients such as OpenVPN and
tinc so that management will see the competition to MS Direct Access
only available in WIn2008R2/Win7.  DirectAccess is marketed as a
feature but really it is just yet another elaborate way to fix
discontinous connections to ActiveDirectory.