[olug] OT: wow

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at me.com
Mon May 24 06:47:51 UTC 2010

On May 22, 2010, at 12:13 AM, Chad Homan wrote:

> http://www.betanews.com/article/ATT-to-raise-twoyear-termination-fee-by-86-on-iPhones-smartphones/1274479769
>
> Chad, CISSP

Cheaper than the Verizon ETF. It stinks for anyone wanting to get out early, but is a necessity as long as we have carriers subsidizing phones that cost shy of 1k. I don't like the idea of paying more to leave early but they still have to make a profit.

It also keeps someone from buying an iPhone and flipping it on ebay for a hefty profit while the company loses money (any surprise they raised it right before the next iPhone model is set to be released?)