[olug] 2TB Harddrives On Sale

Charles Bird cbird.omaha at gmail.com
Sat May 8 22:57:55 UTC 2010

i've seen raid 5's fail on LSI and adaptec controllers, using SCSI on the
adaptec(HP server), and WD SATA drives on the LSIs(Dell 2850 maybe it was a
2950). I've seen it happen on some kind of IBM system before too, but I dont
recall the details.
Nothing non standard, OEM as a matter of fact.

I know its supposed to work, and does most of the time, but the thing is, is
that no one should be comfortable just because they are RAID, take those
backups whenever you can :)