[olug] Automating killing a *nix process from a windows box

troehr at nj-onramp.com troehr at nj-onramp.com
Wed Mar 24 01:23:38 UTC 2010

The one box solution is desirable, but you also are now looking at
modifying what was probably a vendor provided configuration...

That tends to open up a new can of worms like anything that breaks
after that on the Solaris/GoldenGate systems will be blamed on your
changes...

besides... how hard is

tail -f logfile|grep locked process pid|xargs -n1 ssh
user at solarissystem kill -9

to implement?

*of course, ther might be a little more then that... but it shouldn't
be much more*