[olug] Cox Business Pricing

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 04:58:59 UTC 2010

I have been using the Cox Business 512/7M Soho and a small CIDR block of IPs (12 usable) for the past year and have been very happy.  I'm only running a few webservers and  mail server, nothing fancy -- but for about $100, I can't complain.  I would like to have better upload speed (customer download), but haven't really needed that yet.

Still holding out to see if the Colo materializes...

I tried several of the vps options, but I really wanted to run Zimbra as my mail/collaboration suite and the memory requirements for that would have cost me way too much.  I like having the physical hardware at my fingertips... but agree with others, that is not always a good thing.