[olug] Linux Redhat Opportunity - Omaha

Garrity, Christopher Christopher.Garrity at networksolutions.com
Tue Jun 29 16:59:27 UTC 2010

too funny

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of
Ward, Bill
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:29 PM
To: olug at olug.org
Subject: [olug] Linux Redhat Opportunity - Omaha

Good morning,
I have a position I would like to post to your members. Would you please
assist or provide direction as to how I can get this posted.
Linux Redhat Systems Administration

 *   Start in 2 weeks
 *   Outstanding Omaha Employer
 *   Very long term opportunity
 *   Administration of a large number of Red Hat Linux systems
 *   Configuring the software on servers to be compliant with
established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
 *   Coding in support of administration activities and be able
minimally code in 2 languages within the following list; PERL, python,
JAVA, C, C++
 *   Having an understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN)
 *   Having an understanding of Red Hat Satellite
 *   Troubleshooting - be able to isolate and diagnose system or
capacity related problems and be able to recommends a course of action
to prevent future occurrences
 *   Having a high level understanding of IP based networks and
associated protocols (TCP/UDP)
 *   Tuning systems for optimal performance
 *   Having an understanding of XEN/KVM based virtualization
technologies
 *   Staying abreast of new technology and recommended hardware and
software as it relates to Linux based servers
 *   Working with developers and database administrators to resolve
issues
 *   Creating packages using Red Hat Package Manager (RPM)
 *   Patching/updating production systems
Please contact Bill Ward for immediate consideration@

Bill Ward, CPC
Resource Manager - Global Resources
ProKarma, Inc
222 South 15th Street, Suite 505N
Omaha, NE 68102
402-344-5728 (Direct Office)
1-866-422-0957 (FAX)
http://www.prokarma.com<http://www.prokarma.com/>

Inc. 500 #1 Fastest-Growing IT Services Company in America