[olug] Linux Laptop

Jason Zeisler superztnt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 03:26:11 UTC 2010

Guys,
What suggestion are there from the group about purchasing a new laptop to
run linux? I will most likely be running Ubuntu since that is my desktop OS
and I like it. One of the biggest problems that I have run into is trying to
get my wireless to work with linux. I had a Dell Inspirion that I installed
an Intel 5100 wireless card in to get my wireless to work with linux. I'm
not looking for the group to tell me what would be a good laptop for me and
what I will do with it, but I just want some suggestions for good linux
laptops in general. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Z.