[olug] Video editor to alter audio levels

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Fri Jul 9 14:50:37 UTC 2010

I'm trying to put together a DVD of some miniDV video that I shot some
years ago at a reception for my grandparents.  Because of the camera's
location, the audio levels for many of the video clips is almost
imperceptibly low.  Can anybody recommend a video editing software
(preferably free for Linux, although I do have an older XP box available)
that will allow me to dramatically increase the audio levels on a
video clip?  The few that I've seen allow me to no more than double
the volume, which isn't nearly enough.

The video clips are currently in the raw ".dv" format, which I believe
is what I want in order to burn back to DVD for the final copy.