[olug] tax Software

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:29:50 UTC 2010

So on top of the web based turbotax, I think taxact and a few others are
online as well

Check out:
http://taxgeek.sourceforge.net/ (the one my voices were reminding me of)
http://opentaxsolver.sourceforge.net/ (just found this)

Just found this too and it looked interesting, especially the "audit
protection" row:
http://tax-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ (just found this)

Don't forget to look at the wine appdb, I am sure some of the windows only
versions
run in wine.

as for me, probably another year with my tax guy.  as I am not ready to do
them on my
own.  fears of being audited.

Happy tax hunting

Chad, CISSP
Sent from St Louis, MO, United States
Charles de Gaulle<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."