[olug] dual head vid cards

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Jan 30 15:26:50 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 19:53, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
> The machine hasn't been chosen, but it'll be pre-assembled from a name
> brand.  This afternoon, he was looking at ~$500 HP machines.

Depending on the video cards you choose along with other internal
components, make sure your computers power supply has enough wattage
to feed them all. I was surprised that my 400W PS wasn't able to feed
my two Nvidia graphics cards (old 8400 and newer 9400).  Aside from
the video cards, I only had a AMD X2 3200 CPU, two 2GB sticks of RAM,
and a "green" 500GB hdd.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"