[olug] Terminal clients

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 04:19:35 UTC 2010

>>  I do most of my presenting on Sundays.  :-)

that one made me choke on a french fry.  classic, truly classic. *high five*

----

Looking further down the thread, looks like the client with with a Microsoft
solution, owell.

----

I'll also note that FOG is more akin to maybe Novell or something where
it'll push the entire 'hard drive image' to the client on boot up.  This
means a copy of the OS is moved to that system.

With thinclient and other similar linux projects in that vein -- they are
indeed trying to make a 'thin client'.  The booting computer loads an ultra
tiny OS and then a RDP/VNC/VMWARE/etc client that connects to a bigger
backend server doing the work.

Differences between the concepts are quite large :)

-Will