[olug] OT: Netbook options

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Jan 6 14:44:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 18:54,  <webtrekker at cox.net> wrote:
> Thanks for all of the suggestions!  Looks like taking enough memory cards is
> what fits my budget the best.
[..snip..]
> really was just looking for a "connector device" between the flash memory
> and a USB harddrive (for backing up).

And BATTERIES!  I know my little point-and-shoot does pretty well on
batteries, but every once in a while it decides to not shut off and
drains the batteries completely.

You could look into taking along a number of rechargeable batteries.
I've had good luck with them in my cameras, but your mileage may vary.
 And if you use a USB battery charger you'll have a very
international-friendly way to charge them (albeit slower than 110V
chargers).  (I only mention this because you discussed checking in on
some laptops you sent over.)

Have fun, and congrats!

Dan

--