[olug] Deactivate haldaemon on servers?

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:11:57 UTC 2010

Whatif your keyboard connected to that server goes south while you're
reconfiguring the network interface? You could plug a USB keyboard in
and reconfigure the network that way.

Whatif you need to attach a USB drive for some file that, for whatever
reason, can't go across the network? Hald will come in quite handy.

Whatif your coworker or replacement doesn't know what you did because
they failed to read your excellent documentation? They'll spend a
while trying to figure out why it won't recognize things it should.

</Whatif mode>