[olug] drivers

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:01:27 UTC 2010

Are you saying neither of them will work?

Every once in while, the NetworkManager won't autoconfigure them, and
you have to manually configure them. You could try opening a terminal,
and then typing:

ifconfig eth0 up
dhcpcd eth0

This is assuming that your wired card shows up as eth0, but it should.

I'm an openSUSE guy, but I'm assuming Ubuntu has dhcpcd installed.
I've seen some distros use different dhcp tools.

You might want to look through lsmod and dmesg to see if the drivers
aren't loading correctly.

And I hate to ask the stupid question, but shouldn't you be putting on
the latest Ubuntu, which should be 9.10? Or maybe even an alpha build
of 10.4? I believe there are nightly builds of Ubuntu available.

-- T. J.