[olug] SpiderOak

webtrekker at cox.net webtrekker at cox.net
Mon Dec 27 23:05:09 UTC 2010

I've had an account with SpiderOak for the past year. My review ... great idea, not so great client software.  I had several issues and could never get the cli version to work correctly or use cron to do automated backups.  They will not release their source code even as I was working with them for a working SuSE version.  I am not going to renew this year and am going to work on a different solution.  Their support isn't very good in my opinion, and even the Windows client would often lock up or take my CPU to 100%.

I went with them originally because they were the only ones I could find that seemed to support a Linux client as well as Windows and Mac.

Hope that helps,
Patrick