[olug] Anyone apply for a ChromeOS laptop?

Dan Clough dan at miniarpa.net
Fri Dec 24 03:27:54 UTC 2010

I too have applied but haven't gotten so much as a confirmation email
for my application.  I've been eagerly watching for a notebook-sized
package to appear on my porch.

On the application they asked for a short, 140-character blurb about
what makes you a unique or noteworthy beta tester.  Aside from using
Linux and whatnot, what did you guys put that makes your application
stand out?

Mine is pretty generic as it's all I could fit in 140 characters.  I
mentioned something along the lines of working in IT, and testing a lot
of new products and concepts in the field.  I also mentioned that I
write a tech blog, but I'm sure everybody would say that just to get a
foot in the door.

Did anyone else put something similar?

Dan