[olug] Viewsonic Gtablet

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Dec 21 04:55:41 UTC 2010

I've got an Archos 101 and I really like it.  Granted their are flaws*, that
are to be expected.  It running froyo and market needed to be side installed
to get the the normal gApps.  It has a 1 Ghz processor and 1024x600 makes
for a nice experience even if froyo isn't officially tablet ready.

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

I've had mine going on two weeks and they were hard to get a hold off at
first.  Mine came w/ eclair and I upgraded to froyo.

Any how, if you are looking at tables, want one right now and don't want an
ipad -- you will want to take a look.

Best,

Jeff

* flash 10.1 is there but not reliable, no phone so apps designed to require
phone capabilities won't work.  However it can recognize wifi spots and if
you have a mifi it will use the gps from that to handle latitude and nav.

The boards say that Archos does a good job of updating firmware so I won't
be surprised if I'm running gingerbread on it long before my phone updates.
 For honeycomb, will see -- I'm not sure what the hw requirements are going
to be.