[olug] [OT] Delicious Users Get, your marks now

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:54:35 UTC 2010

I'm not sure I would feel better with that news . . .it seems a bit
vague ("We hope that someone will buy us.") It's best to be proactive
and make a backup.

Once upon a time, my workplace decided to block delicious (it's when
they switched their URL from del.icio.us to delicious.com) so I was
out of luck.  I eventually settled on diigo.com.  Some of their things
are annoying (like the sticky notes) but others are nice (like their
Android app PowerNote).  But it's essentially Delicious

(my employer has since unblocked delicious.com, but I never moved back to it)

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Chad Homan <choman at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's good news jeff, great find.
> Chad, CISSP
>

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com>wrote:
>
>> While wise to have a backup and a fallback plan, it appears that the demise
>> of delicious has been overstated.
>> http://blog.delicious.com/
>>
>> <http://blog.delicious.com/>I'm going to backup but I'm not moving
>> anywhere