[olug] [ot] chrome

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 03:34:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Jason N <dashrender at cox.net> wrote:
> Decent link.
> I think they are forgetting to mention that we just want PDF's to go back to where they started, a uniform way to display a page that is platform independent.  If they get rid of all of the extra crap, they will get rid of most if not all of it's wholes.
>

> ---- Chad Homan <choman at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not to spawn a browser war, so if that's your itch,,,   don't reply
>
> chrome security enhancement: http://www.osnews.com/comments/24087
>
> how long til firefox implements, in for firefox 4.0 is my guess
>
> Chad, CISSP

www.browserscope.org  - compares your browser to others including
sandbox capability.

Dan Walsh blogged about a year ago on the selinux sandbox command and
using it to view pdfs and protect web browsers.
http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/31146.html
He is a redhat employee.  Not sure how far the selinux package will
take you on Ubuntu.
The sestatus command is one way to find out if selinux is enabled on
your system.