[olug] [ot] chrome

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:31:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Chad Homan <choman at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not to spawn a browser war, so if that's your itch,,,   don't reply
>
> chrome security enhancement: http://www.osnews.com/comments/24087
>
> how long til firefox implements, in for firefox 4.0 is my guess
>
> Chad, CISSP

With how many years PC's have been becoming more or less a browser
implementing construct... I'm surprised at how long sand boxing has taken to
get a foot hold.  Particularly now that many portable platforms are used
similarly (netbooks / ipod touch / iphone / ipad / android / palm os / etc).

I'd like to see all of the major browsers continue this trend of containing
the unknown and untrusted web :)

-Will