[olug] Contemplating an iPad.

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Aug 22 05:35:26 UTC 2010

On Thursday, August 19, 2010 04:09:59 pm Adam Lassek wrote:
> The iPad release effectively caught every else with their pants down.

No, the iPad just demonstrates Apple's marketing power. In fact, the TouchBook
had existed long before it with basically the same form/use factor, and
supports Android (and real Linux) just fine. I found it hilarious how Apple
began their introduction of the iPad by bashing netbooks, which are basically
the same thing but more functional/useful. I don't see any reason one would
ever really want an iPad other than the "Apple is cool" fanboy factor...